Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Excitement and Trepedation

This course is kicking my butt. I have been so tired at the end of the days that I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm practically cross-eyed right now. I studied as best I could tonight, but was very distracted by the news that our clinic has finally been given the full go-ahead to start our lymphedema program. I will be entering a new phase of this new career of mine as soon as I get home.

I have a lot to learn yet in this course, and a ton to learn in general. Including some rudimentary Italian so that I can truly enjoy myself on my Rome vacation.

In the meantime, even while I'm here for the next week, I need to up my exercise and focus my eating. It's the only way to make it through this experience with my mental and physical energy in tact. And I don't need to let anything slow me down right now. I can't seem to shake the constant nerves about my long term health, but I'm not even a year from my diagnosis - I think it's normal to have these fears. Everyday, I find a way to have peace about them and continue to move forward. 

The class is a group of women that I'm enjoying very much. Lots of laughter and sharing of experiences, and a wide variety of numbers of years in the fields. Mostly PTs, another PTA, an OT, a COTA, and an MT. Tomorrow we have another student coming to join us to finish a certification that she had started previously. The experiences I've had at my past continuing ed seminars and especially in PTA school have been so challenging inter-personally; they make this especially welcome.

Right at this particular moment, the bed looks more welcoming than anything. 'Night, all.

No comments: