Monday, January 2, 2012

End of year blues

written on Friday, 12/30/11

It was a beautiful morning, and wonderful to sleep in at least a little and have a day off of work, at least at the office...there was plenty of work to do around here preparing for New Year's Day and our almost-annual open house. And trying to tie up some loose ends with my mother's needs, working on her Medicare elections for next year and finding myself preoccupied thinking about her health status after a call from the doctor at the facility yesterday telling me that her kidneys are declining. I myself am due for a colonoscopy but will have to reschedule the appointment coming up in January so that I can miss no more than one work day as I need to save my sick days to deal with Mom's doctor appointments. It all ganged up on me while navigating the traffic during shopping and I really started feeling anxious and blue. The pressure of needing to get things done by a certain time, of dealing with bureaucracies and worrying whether anyone will show up for our party.

No comments: