Friday, January 6, 2012

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Written Wednesday January 4th

I realized shortly after my mother's stroke that I would be in danger if I allowed myself to continue as high-anxiety over the various property dealings and stresses surrounding her care as I initially allowed myself to be, and I thought that I had gotten it under control. But ever since I returned from California, I've been plagued with health blips, one on the heels of the other. First, tonsillitis that came home with me from L.A. and wouldn't leave, then the flu, and now this recurrent bout of pelvic pain. Despite my Zen aspirations, I remain very frightened every time I have any kind of persistent new symptom. My fear of anything indicating a possible recurrence or metastasis drives my anxiety despite my attempts to tell myself to be in the present, focusing on what is right and well and functioning normally, and expect to heal normally. To see these recent health dips as just part of the rhythm of life. Gotta stop freaking out and live the way I envision myself living, the way the me-in-my-mind lives.

I never used to like medication, but I'm glad to have some tonight. It's probably either a bladder infection or a kidney stone. Either way, it's a lot better with meds.

No comments: