Saturday, March 12, 2011

Frustration and Elation

written Friday 3/11

I have been focused on finding accommodations in Rome for the trip scheduled for a month from now.  I've made a number of minimally satisfying reservations without much input from Dave, as he has been really too sick since I returned from Florida to participate in the planning. And at this point, with him coughing, miserable and not able to eat much, the trip is not sounding very attractive. So I am frustrated. On top of that, the cat is not doing great, and my corporation is far below projected budget this fiscal year which will require me to change some of my other travel plans and wait for my next surgery until after July 1. Maybe we should just go ahead and eat the plane tickets and cancel the trip.

On the elated side, Vanderbilt is revamping its cancer care programs to a wellness model that will provide services during and after treatment, and offer screening and counseling for those at risk. The mind-body model. I will be on the ground floor of the start of the lymphedema clinic - a career opportunity that will let me practice a passion and develop a marketable skill. I will be involved in some advisory committees; I hope I can be creative enough to come up with some good ideas for program offerings. 

No comments: