Thursday, February 16, 2012

All's well

The survivorship struggle includes a lot of features, some beautiful, some very bleak. Among the beauties are the deep appreciation of small treats, like the taste and texture of a fine chocolate or the dazzle of a full moon, greatly enhanced over the pre-diagnosis experience, and the relishing of sensory delights including hot baths, tempting aromas, the soft warm sensation of my dog's head resting on my leg. The less lovely aspects that one carries are the fears that can be elicited by every little bump, or new skin growth, or a series of minor health such as I've gone through over the last 3 months, challenges that might be interpretted as a recurrance, a metastisis, or a new cancer. Well, this afternoon the docs agreed that the bump on the right breast, palpable by all but undetectible on ultrasound, is just a feature of the implant. Nothing, nothing at all, to worry about. And with that news, my energy rises like the response to a blast of an illegal drug. It's Thursday night, tomorrow TGIF. My cold is waning, my friends are coming for dinner on Sunday, all is right with the world. In my home, anyway.

No comments: