Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 4

The day of the infusion is day 1; that was Wednesday. I worked Thursday and Friday-mercifully slow days this week with the holiday coming up- and did okay. The anti-nausea medications given are effective and I have simply felt queezy over the last few days, staying hydrated and trying to keep something in my tummy at all times. Plain rice cakes, which I've never been fond of, are easy to eat and seem to do the trick. Lots of green tea and ginger tea too are helping. And staying reasonably active, although today I am really taking it easy. I've been warned that this is often the worst day, and so far, if this is as bad as it gets, I can tolerate it, but I'm glad I didn't have an agenda. I am about to go off to meet a friend at a make up store and prepare for the point at which my heavy dark eyebrows and lashes are gone-although I'm pretty good with makeup on the rare occasion in good health that I choose to use it, I will need help to know how to "make up" for that. When I get home from that excursion, I plan to lay low, and walk the dog after the sun goes down as it is a hot day.

No comments: