Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day before infusion # 1

Okay, so I'm apprehensive; who wouldn't be?  But overall, I'm feeling pretty good about everything. My port incision is healing up well, and I think it will be a very big improvement over having my arms beat up with needles on a regular basis. Just gotta remember to put the numbing cream on it in the morning before I leave the house, and to bring it with me. I need some kind of med calendar, so that I can keep track of all of the various pills I'm taking and when. Not to mention the supplements.

I had an MRI of my heart taken today; part of a clinical study that is trying to predict which people will have cardiovascular issues with the chemo regime I'm taking. I feel this can only benefit me as it means increased surveillance, and i can drop out any time I chose. I'll do another MRI on Friday. I feel bionic! And very well cared for. But it's hard to fathom that I have had a malignant tumor and that I may have some bad cells left in there when I feel so darn WELL! A bit tired tonight as I didn't get much sleep the past couple of nights, and as I took a Valium to make it through my MRI, but overwhelmingly I feel just great, strong and healthy. I plan to stay that way.

Yesterday we had a new roof put on the house; had to empty the attic-boxes are everywhere and the house is a mess! I'll get it cleaned on Saturday. And tomorrow morning, before my doctors appointments and infusion, Dave has a semi annual check up with his oncologist who is leaving Vanderbilt next month. It's a hectic week. I'm looking forward to the holiday Monday.

No comments: