Monday, February 8, 2010

life before BSO

It seems like a good time to start this blog; the night before the surgery. I have been preparing myself all week intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, and today I have prepared myself physically by doing a bowel prep, bathing and rubbing my abdomen and thighs with the Sage wipes my doctor gave me. Wish I hadn't shaved, though; my thighs are itching now like crazy! Probably somewhere it said not to do that, but I guess I missed that instruction. Ah well, here goes something!

I was hoping to avoid this-to become an old woman with all of her parts intact- but prudence at this point leads me to this choice. I'm tired of worrying about it, tired of the bi-annual poking and prodding and picture taking of the organs to micromanage their progress as I try to live a carefree life. Or at least as carefree as possible. I've had a number of small health issues to overcome, some of which are so unusual that I think they will be of interest to a reader when I get around to writing about them, but for now, I'm battling fatigue and an Atavan that I just took; time to get sleepy, and meditate one more time before surgery day. 

No comments: