Thursday, January 6, 2011

5th Expansion, and a really great day

It's funny how some days are just great. I ran like crazy while at work...very hectic and had to run across the street to Dave's doctor appointment as they took him into the room early, then left him waiting 45 minutes. Well, at least I got a brief cardio workout dashing from clinic to clinic to avoid missing his appointment. Then we went to my plastic surgeon appointment for my "fill up" and that took about 10 minutes total. But at least I got a sense of how much longer this is to go on-probably 4-5 more fills then rest 6 weeks, then meet to schedule the swap of the expanders for the permanent implants. And boy won't I be glad to have those! They are reported to be much more comfortable-night and day difference-and I will be thrilled to experience that difference.

Dave was up to a little hanging out after our appointments and we went to look at new eyeglasses for me. Had hoped to find some at Vanderbilt, but the ones there were really not much. We ended up going to See, a wonderful eyeglasses store in the village, and finding 2 pairs that I LOVED! So I went for them. I'll have to get some new pictures taken soon with my new hair and new glassess...it's a whole new look. I'm quite pleased with it, and ready for the new me. I think I was just pumped by the normality of the evening, being able to go for a spontaneous shop and meal with Dave; something I think I'd been afraid might be over forever after Dave's emergency. He's finally bouncing back.

Later I went to a meeting at Gilda's club; "What's so funny about cancer"-a laughter support group. I really enjoyed meeting Molly, the facilitator, a journalist/filmmaker/friend-of-a-friend who has been very supportive of me during my journey via phone and email and who I was delighted to finally get to meet. Really enjoyed the other survivors in the group, too, and think I convinced myself to train for the Music City Half-Marathon coming up in April. And to attend this bi-weekly support group, something I have never wanted to do before.

It feels good to be happy, excited, up and energized. Some of it has to be the adrenalin shot I get from the expansion experience, but mostly, it's just been a good day with a return of energy. Hurray for that!

No comments: