Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Five weeks going on six

The further away from the surgery I get, the better I feel that I'm doing. No surprise there. I haven't gotten away from the evening pain meds, but I have come to terms with them. My range of motion is improving, I can sleep on my side at least part of the night and was able to do a "chair" yoga class yesterday. I'm joining a rehab program at the Y. The ABC (after breast cancer) program. I'll get some free personal training and nutritional counseling and I am totally excited about it. I hope I will take advantage of the kick in the ass and finally get my exercise commitment committed. Because from what I hear, that is the single most important thing I can do to ensue my longevity in regard to all diseases. Gotta do it. What's the point of being neurotic about my nutrition, sleep, meditation, stress relief, etc, if I leave out this component? I plan to do the Metformin trial too, unless I find some other information that changes my mind in the meantime. I meet with the oncologist regarding this a week from tomorrow.

No comments: