Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Long day, stoned night

I'm sitting half out-of-it by the fireside with Dave. It was a heck of a long day at work. I'm not sleeping particularly well probably partly due to the way medication makes me have wild dreams, and the fact that the pain really amps up when I'm lying on my back, not receiving a massage. And then today at work, I was rushing down the stairwell and slipped, grabbing the hand rail with my right hand to successfully avoid a fall, but pulling so hard on the arm that I really torqued my pec/breast/armpit. Yipes. I'm so glad I didn't tumble-I could've really hurt myself with that, but have done something anyway. I feel kinda beat up, like I had a minor fender-bender or something, and am wondering if I'll be able to take the pain of the pump-up tomorrow. I'm also stoned as a bunny right now on an Oxycodone and a Valium, making me care less, but also unable to accurately assess my pain level, and to wonder what the morning will reveal . I don't think it would be a tragedy to skip a week of expansion, so we'll see how it looks/feels tomorrow. No swelling, no redness, no knots noticeable today except for one little spot on the superio-lateral portion of the mound. Yeah, might be a small tear. I'll let the plastic surgeon make the call. Bless the inventors of Oxycodone and Valium; if I have to be in pain, at least I can be in the stone zone.

No comments: