Friday, July 16, 2010

Cravings

I felt a lot better today. Either the Zofran or the time passed from the last infusion has helped my tummy feel less raw, and I had pretty good energy today, too. Got caught up at work and got home fairly early and had been running errands and helping Dave out with some computer stuff until my hunger and the day's cravings got the best of me, and I talked him into going out to dinner at a local Chinese buffets that offers all-you-can-eat crab legs. I had been dreaming of that all day.

People say the chemo experience has a lot in common with pregnancy, in the way one feels, I mean. There have been several days that I've had surprising cravings, and I just have to give in to them. The food is not that great, but the crab legs are fine, and I was just desperate for them.

Earlier this week, I helped Dave design an ad. He's trying to drum up some new music students and let folks know where he's teaching these days as he's moved to a different music store in the same area. The ad will run in a local paper, and didn't require a lot of skill to put together. I'm no graphic artist, but I have put together a lot of ads and album covers during the time that we were in the record business. It's been a long time, though, and I'm very rusty, so I had to spend a lot of time on the phone with Kit, my design guru, figuring out how to correct the resolution. Got it done, finally, and it was very satisfying to exercise that creative muscle, even if it did cramp a bit on the way.

It will be a busy weekend preparing to get out of town on Tuesday. I'm craving that, too.

No comments: