Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birthday Weekend

written on Friday 11/19


Wow, on days like today I realize why facebook is wonderful. I received so many birthday wishes from folks I've known in every phase of my life, and there are many. It makes me feel appreciated, validated, and brings home how many communities I've belonged to over my lifetime. Numerous incarnations of Adie Grey's life and so many other lives interacted with. It's lovely and a major stroke to realize that I have friends, however distant. I feel a Sally Fields moment coming on...she was on the student council of my junior high school ten years before I was....I understand the importance of the sense of being liked, after the years of growing up feeling like an outsider, which I suppose is typical for a creative, art-fart, bookwormish type kid. The feeling of being liked is a warm blanket...

Today:
It was a very nice birthday weekend. Dinner at a new bistro in Green Hills on Friday night with Billy and Grace to celebrate birthdays, both hers and mine. Loved the restaurant, love the friends and always enjoy their company. Woke early Saturday feeling funky and was really concerned that I would be too puny to enjoy my party that evening, but perked up in the afternoon and had a great party last night. Nice fairly lazy day today; am falling out now and will have to catch up on my writing later.

No comments: