Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 2 for me, 3 for Dave



I made it through the surgery and into this afternoon. I've never experienced such pain in my life, but in a weird way, I feel pretty good. It's odd but so far not freaky to look down and see my flat chest; I haven't had a flat chest since I was 8 years old; I was an early bloomer. I'm more freaked out at looking at this big IV in my right hand. And thinking about how low my blood pressure has been. At the moment, I have just taken some pain medication and now I'm about to fall out.

The low blood pressure is concerning. It goes up but then comes back down again. I'm off of the morphine hoping that it was the culprit in the plummeting pressure, but it's still unreliable.

Friends have dropped by all day; Anita brought a beautiful basket of fruit and cookies and sat with me for hours; Jennifer stopped by on the way to a session, Grace and Billy came with homeopathics and great friendship and support. Mom is on her way from California. I took a couple of walks down the hall to see Dave. I'm exhausted. I'm scared but not terrified. I want this to be smooth, I don't want any infections or complications of any kind, and so far, I'm not sure what's up. Friends are watching the house and the pets, and I expect to be home tomorrow.

No comments: