Sunday, November 28, 2010

His and Hers surgical proceedures

Dave didn't feel well last night and after being awake for hours, he began to vomit at 5 or so. Ended up in the ER and diagnosed with a small bowel obstruction. So he had surgery today; my bilateral mastectomies are scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30 am. Wow, this is going to be fun! Two convalescents at the same time!

So as much as I want to write tonight, I'm just whupped. I got nothin to say. Well, a little: I'm grateful that Dave is okay tonight, resting at Vanderbilt, I assume peacefully as I haven't heard from his nurse. I came home a couple of hours ago and took a bath and some last pictures of my current, original, born-with-em breasts, (don't expect me to post any of those!) and tried to tie up a few loose ends. The laundry I intended to do today, the errands, the last few dishes in the sink, cleaning out the fridge, bringing up firewood-none of that got done - oh well. The day was spent in the ER instead. The cosmic joke, Murphy's law; it always pays to be open to change.

Time to do a brief meditation and then to try to get a bit of sleep. Just a few hours. I'll sleep after the surgery. Thank you family, friends and neighbors for all your help and support through this.

No comments: