Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day after the Race

It's been a gorgeous Indian summer weekend. Cool in the mornings, highs in the '90s, dry and sparkly with the leaves changing. The walk was fun and I was so happy to have my crew with me, although, I wasn't sure how we were going to meet up when I got there and found out that the decision to rendezvous at the Vanderbilt tent would be complicated by there being 2 of these, one for checking in and picking up shirts and bibs, etc, and the other in the race village for community outreach. So there was a lot of time spent on the phone trying to find one another, shouting into the receiver while opening ceremony music blared in the background. But somehow, find each other we did, and my small group of friends, none of whom had previously met, had a nice walk in the midst of the throng, with my pooch Xena trotting along happily, getting lots of attention as she is one pretty dog, and surprising me by tolerating the noise and the crowd even better than I. We dealt with more sun than I can usually tolerate, but I did not get burned, and I kept going yesterday long enough to do some shopping, get the house cleaned and spend the evening playing games with my group of friends who get together for this monthly.

Today, a festival at a friend's farm, lots of shopping, a no-show massage client (hope he's okay) and lots of cooking. One of my favorite pastimes, shopping and cooking. Sometimes, I think I have a grocery addiction.  I need to plan better though; groceries are expensive, time is scarce, and I really need to economize in both areas.

Should I buy a Wii? I'm trying to design a Wii-hab program for the clinic, and it's really hard to do without time outside of patient hours to practice with the equipment.  I think I'd enjoy it too, and maybe get some additional exercise.  I'm going to need to something to increase my fitness, especially when it gets too cold to walk outside, and when I'm healing from surgery and unable to go to yoga classes, etc. I should put my Y membership on hold during that time, and save at least that much money. I should stop worrying about money, I should just plain stop worrying. I am trying.

Friday I felt great but crashed hard finally, scaring Dave with my orthostatic hypotensive behavior, becoming dizzy and feeling faint every time I stood up. Saturday morning, just fine. Today, Dave freaked me out a bit by taking a couple of bites of dinner and then telling me that he needed to lay down, he was tired. He's sleeping now, I'm wide awake. I shouldn't worry about him-why shouldn't he have one of those nights? I'm having a great weekend, but fighting the worry monster. I guess it's time to return to meditation. I'll get on it pretty quick here, get off to bed and work on it. Gotta get up early to get the car into the shop. Will listen to a relaxation guided imagery by Belleruth Naperstek on my Ipod to get to sleep.

No comments: