Monday, October 11, 2010

Symptom Log 10/11/10

  1. Neuropathy: Particularly left hand today, but shooting pains in the feet as well.
  2. Fresh juice in the morning seems to be balancing it out a bit, but still quite hungry much of the time.
  3. Mouth: Sores gone. Burning Mouth Syndrome back most of day, not very high though. Some tingling/pain in the teeth and gums as well.
  4. Anxiety: well, I wrote that it was low yesterday and then had a hard time going to sleep as I spun my mental worry video around in my head. So moderate anxiety. 
  5. Strength: Continuing to feel it improving.
  6. Nose bleeds: Better today than the last few. Using Ayervedic oil drops at night before bed, just a couple in each nostril, really seems to help. That, and getting off of chemo after this week ought to take care of it.
  7. Energy: Reasonably good energy today, considering I slept well but not enough. Hit the wall late afternoon.
  8. Hair: coming back, all straight and white everywhere. 
  9. Swallowing: If only every day could be as good as today in that department. One time, I chocked on a sip of water, but I think that was one of those timing issues-got distracted, tried to talk while swallowing, you know the drill. It wasn't much of a problem, and pills went down easy tonight. 
  10. Pain: Doing a little yoga tonight at home, side angle pose to the right really woke up my left side along the lateral left breast, below the surgical area. Yow...I really don't remember that hurting that much before. The surgeon warned me that it would come and go. I'd like to keep it going until it is gone!
  11. Shortness of breath/Palpitations: Yes, I'm having some of this. My dog-walk is probably a bit shy of  a mile, and I am puffing a bit by the time I get home. Lying in bed, I really feel the strong palpitations in the area just behind the bottom of my sternum. I don't like it. 

1 comment:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Double whammy, wow! Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs” with over 1000 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more. Your message can now reach an even wider audience.
If you have not visited, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer to your own blogroll. And like bloggers everywhere, I love receiving your comments and ideas.
Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)