Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day after Taxol #4

I feel great today, but that seems to be the pattern. The day after, the Decadron rules and I feel energetic and, at least today, pain free. I am hopeful that the reduced dosage will take care of the neuropathy problem as today it is nearly gone. Hope that is not also a function of the Decadron.

Tomorrow there is a team coming to clean the house, and I haven't had time to tidy up properly. I hope I can get it clean enough to be cleaned! I have to rush home from work to be here when they come as I just can't stand to have someone new come to clean without being able to direct. (I wish I had been here to direct when the neighborhood kid came to clean up in the back yard-it didn't quite turn out the way I had intended. Ah well...) The cleaning tomorrow is another "cancer perk", an organization called "Cleaning for a Reason" arranges four free housecleanings for women who are going through cancer treatment, they contract with cleaners all over the country to provide this service. I hope I like this company; the woman who had been coming every few weeks for the last couple of years has kind of dissappeared - her husband has been ill, they no longer have a phone and she hasn't called me. So I need this help but it is always uncomfortable for me to start with a new cleaner-it's an intimate relationship. There will be two people tomorrow, and it may be a different 2 every time. We'll see how it goes. I'm financially challenged right now since I've practically stopped doing massage and have had many cancer-related expenses, so the gift will be appreciated.

Gotta get to bed so I can get up early and do the tidy-up.

No comments: