Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Monday

A busy day at the office, but not too crazy. I spent an hour and a half in the pool with aquatic patients-that was quite pleasant, but it's a long time for me to stay in the water. Even though the weather outside is hot, the pool is indoors and after an hour, even though the water is relatively warm, I start to chill. I have a wet suit; I must use it! Maybe if I were swimming laps instead of standing and supervising rehabilitory exercises, I would maintain my warmth. But I was cold and tired when I got out today-luckily my next patient cancelled and I had a chance to regroup.

I called Dr. W's office and made an appointment for the middle of September-the first he had available. Okay, I could call him, but I think I'll wait. I'll call Dr. K again, my current doctor, and see about that appointment I was supposed to make with him. I don't suspect that anyone is going to suggest that I skip the radiation experience; it's that accepted protocol as far as I can tell. But I want statistics. I'll make my choices.

Today is my Dad's birthday, and I got the present; he and Mom have agreed to come to visit in October, which is fantastic as I just can't quite get a handle on when I will feel able to travel again myself. I got excited about a Thanksgiving trip, then looked at the reality of doing something that energy draining while I'm going through radiation, or even possibly dealing with another surgery, so I can't really face a cross country trip until I'm done with this treatment journey. I'm so excited though; it will be great to have a visit-I don't get a lot of visitors these days. I will make up for lost travel time next year.

No comments: