Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Days fly by

It's my goal to write daily, but so far, I'm not meeting it. Still, here I am...with trepidation over diminished sensation in my left hand, and some in my feet. Right hand has had a couple of twinges, but not the slightly Novocaine-like feeling in the left, particularly the thumb. It hurts too...hard to describe something that hurts and is numb at the same time, but that is the case...the pain is deep, dull and achy. Not intense, but concerning. I'm going to discuss this with the oncologist tomorrow. I'm not willing to sacrifice my hands to the chemo experiment - I may have had enough. Still gotta make it through the radiation without further nerve damage...this is my treatment, for my benefit, and I have to weigh my priorities as to what provides the best opportunity to achieve the quality of life that I'm after, not just the quantity. We'll see what I learn tomorrow.

Other than the neuropathy, I feel pretty good. I have some bloody nasal discharge and weird, vivid, gory dreams, but compared to the queasiness and lethargy of the adriamycin/cytoxin, I'm feeling much better. Enough so that I contemplate the possibility of getting to the west coast for Thanksgiving...just a thought, but it cheers me up. I don't know if the radiation schedule will allow it, but I will find out.

No comments: