Thursday, August 5, 2010

Taxol #2

yesterday: I didn't get out of the Benedryl today, but I got half the dose. It was lousy, but a lot better than last week. I'm feeling kind of generally itchy tonight, on my face and throat but am not showing a rash. It could be the heat as easily as the chemo causing it.

today: It's amazing; I feel so much better than I have in a week or so. Yesterday's hemoglobin reading was lower than the previous week, so I am not yet bouncing back out of anemia, and I am still having a bit of dizziness when I stand up too quickly, but today my energy feels good, back to normal almost. Yes, I'm anemic; I am a little less perky than usual. But I really feel good tonight, and went to the Y today and did some time on the strider before going to give a massage this evening...first massage in a month or so. I want to get back at it on a somewhat regular basis; I've missed it.

Last weeks lethargy could be explained a number of ways-there seems to be a 24 hour flu going around my office that manifests in muscle aches and mild nausea. I felt like that last Friday and early Saturday and just chalked it up to chemo. Or maybe it really was a need for a dose of iron, which I took last night and today has been so much improved. Or maybe it's a homeopathic remedy that I've returned to taking after having laid off of it for a month and a half.

Gotta go to bed now; never enough time to work on this stuff.

No comments: