Friday, June 11, 2010

Day After Infusion #2

This was actually written yesterday, Thursday the 10th, but published today, Friday the 11th. 

I felt pretty good today; I'm not trying to fight the anti-nausea drugs anymore. I took a Phenergan to sleep last night, and a Zofran this morning along with my Emmend and Dexamethazone. I took another Zofran at about 4 pm, and I still need to take another Dex tonight along with an Acyclovere.

It's difficult to keep track of these drugs; I've never been much of a med user, and usually then it was one, just one medication...easier to keep track of. Now it's several. Really hard to keep track.

The dominant symptom I'm experiencing tonight is just exhaustion. I don't think I'm going to be up a whole lot longer. I was fine at work today, and hopefully will be so again tomorrow, but I'm having a hard time sitting here writing this.

I went to the American Cancer Society's Wig Bank today and picked out a pixie-cut straight haired wig-a fun do that I never had but would have killed for in my youth. They kindly give a patient a wig, and they gave me a stand for it, and a lavender turban. I have already send the part of my own hair that was cut off to a manufacturer who will make me an "Under Hair"-a piece that must be worn with a hat or scarf, but is made of my own hair.

No comments: