Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wiggy

When I was a kid, I loved to participate in theatrical productions; half the fun was the costumes and seeing myself look like someone else. Into my teens, performing at the Renaissance Faire, in all kinds of bands, doing the  twist with Hank Ballard and singing "When Something is Wrong with my Baby"  with Sam Moore, playing the songs from our own collection with Dave, so much of the fun was dressing up as the musical character I was playing that night. The wig makes me feel that way. I want more wigs. I'm sure the folks at the clinic will find it a bit strange to have me look a variety of ways...just showing up today in the short, straight, dark do of my current wig, had a number of folks say that they didn't recognize me.  (The same thing happened at the neighborhood block party tonight; they recognized my dog but wouldn't have known me without her.) Ah the confusion I can cause! Who will I  be today?

So the wig is fun, but uncomfortable. Not because it's hot-that didn't really bother me; my own hair was always hot-but the elastic band that holds it on digs into my scalp. I shouldn't be surprised-every pair of glasses I've ever owned has irritated the side of my head where they rest behind my ears. I've got to do some research and see if there is some way to work around this. Maybe when the rest of my hair comes out it will be less irritating; now the short hairs are tugged on by the elastic.

Another fairly high energy day today. Maybe not as high as yesterday, but good. Tomorrow I get a massage. Ah....

No comments: