Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday

Oh yeah, no back pain today! Well, maybe a little, but not to speak of really. And blissful regularity. I'm enjoying every moment of this in-between time; next infusion, next Wednesday. Tomorrow, I play.

I have a lovely, busy Saturday planned. Farmer's market, errands galore, lunch with Trish; it will be grand. Then dinner with Dave and Grace and Billy-maybe I'll even have time to do some work in the garden. A productive weekend; next weekend, no plans. Well, none except for the fact that I'm supposed to sing at the Dayani Center's "First Annual Tree Planting Ceremony", and I am very hopeful that I will be able to pull it off. After that, no other plans.

The wheatgrass is ready and I uncovered it today; it is gaining in greenness and shooting up-it's exciting.

I had a funny moment the other morning-I got on my digital scale and must have hit some kind of calibration button or something. It read a good 10 lbs less than when I'd last stepped on it about a week earlier. I freaked-the first time in memory when I had responded negatively to a significant weight loss. I have lost quite a bit of weight since diagnosis, but it has been coming off slowly and steadily due to dietary changes. If I had suddenly lost another 10-that would be bad. But I stepped back on the scale, and it came up about 7.5 lbs. Two and a half pounds,  one week, that's okay. Sigh of relief.

The only treatment related discomfort that I am having at the moment is this infusion port. It sits on my chest just to the edge of my bra strap, and it is the shoulder where I tend to hang my purse. I'm trying to stop that; the area of the incision from the installation of the port and the skin over the port itself are irritated and still not quite healed. It is quite uncomfortable. I'm starting to think I may need to let the doctor know, but I am hopeful that it will make progress this weekend.

No comments: