Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday

It was another good day. I woke feeling fine, wishing I could stay asleep just a bit longer, but my bladder and Dave's gentle snores dictated that it was time to rise a bit before the alarm went off. Work went well; my coworkers are so supportive,  and complementary about the haircut, too. I used to get frustrated and say "I'm just going to chop it off" and Gordon would tell me that I'd have to find someone else to do it; Dave would say "No you're not; you'd regret it", and so I never did. But I had a weird kind of premonition the last time that I considered it, looking in the mirror, fancying that it would be fun to explore a shorter do, then thinking that I had better enjoy the long tresses while I had them. In several ways, I had premonitions that this experience was coming. So far, not so bad. I'd miss it, though, given the choice.

I came out of the clinic today into a rain shower; grabbed my umbrella, but was soaked half way to the car. The air was warm so being wet was no problem, except for the little comfy slip on shoes I was wearing, which became so slippery I was forced to choose between the potential of falling or walking barefoot across the medical center campus. Chemo makes one leery of potential sources of infection, so although I'm usually happy to be barefoot, this was a big decision for me considering the current situation; I went barefoot to the car, then cleaned my feet with paper towels and hand sanitiser. Then washed them when I got home. Next time I go back for the umbrella upon leaving work, I also take the running shoes that I keep under my desk.

The first batch of wheat grass is sprouting and should be ready for uncovering and greening in a couple of days. That's exciting. In the meantime, I sure am glad to have my Vitamix, helping me enjoy daily green smoothies. Funny the food cravings I've been having; burgers (have to be grass fed), cabbage soup, grapefruit.  Wheatgrass juice, when I get a shot at Whole Foods, feels like rocket fuel. Can't wait to juice my own.

No comments: